Trend Alert: Palazzo Pants



        This summer, being easy and laid-back are both some of the biggest trends. Printed palazzo pants are both of those things. Roomy, soft, and statement-making—these pants will have you standing out from the crowd.


             
        I, myself, was a bit iffy when I first saw this trend. Being pretty short (a whole 5 feet and ¾ inches!) I could only imagine drowning in the billowing, busy fabric. Some of the prints scared me and gave me visions of being swallowed whole by them. I also kind of thought they looked like pajama bottoms and going out in pajamas during the day is one of my biggest pet peeves.


       Needless to say, at first, I hated this trend. I liked some of the prints, but that was about it. It took a lot of style searching to realize that these pants can actually be really fashionable! Depending on how you wear them, they can be really chic and actually heighten you. Crazy, right?
 
            Well, not really. Worn correctly, like any wide leg pant, it can make your legs look longer and not shorter. I suggest wearing your palazzo pants anywhere from just above the ground to showing the top of the foot with a chunky platform under them. Make sure the tops are plain and figure flattering. The heavier the top, the heavier you’ll end up looking. Keep it simple on top and let the pants do the talking!

        Tip for the short girls: Make sure to avoid too large of a print! It can be overwhelming and ruin the illusion of height!


            Now that I’m on the Palazzo Pant Bandwagon, I really need to buy a pair! I’ve listed a few below if you’ve decided to join the party as well!
 






6.       Sportmax Palazzo Pants



 
I’d love to know what you think about this trend! Do you need to have it or are you leaving those palazzo pants in the past?

1 comment: